You can complete a maximum of one Inquiry a Term worth 1 Badge Point.
- There is a special Question Development Form to be completed for approval of an Inquiry
- The final product will be handed in to the Google Classroom before your Badge Interview.
- Format: A 1-2 page paper with a refined Question, Evidence, and a Claim. There needs to be at least 2 pieces of evidence backed up with multiple sources properly cited in MLA format. Click Here for the Rubric
What is Inquiry?
Inquiry-based learning is a constructivist approach, in which students have ownership of their learning. It starts with exploration and questioning and leads to investigation into a worthy question, issue, problem or idea.
It involves asking questions, gathering and analysing information, generating solutions, making decisions, justifying conclusions and taking action.
“Through the process of inquiry, individuals construct much of their
understanding of the natural and human-designed worlds.”
General Topics to Choose from and to Guide You:
Please Submit the following Questions Development Form for approval prior to commencing your Inquiry - FORM
Diversity in Local Ecosystems
• What are the roles and relationships in an ecosystem in your local area?
• How do some of the roles and relationships in ecosystems contribute to biodiversity?
• Why is biodiversity an important feature of sustainable ecosystems?
Processes and Changes in Local Ecosystems
• How does energy drive ecological processes?
• How has an ecosystem in your local area changed over time?
Sustainability in Local Ecosystems
• How do human actions affect the sustainability of an ecosystem?
• How do healthy ecosystems influence the well-being of humans?
Conservation and Restoration of Ecosystems
• How can I become involved in a local stewardship project?
• How have First Peoples communities lived sustainably and conserved ecosystems?